The StarLight Project
About The StarLight Project
"Dedicated to creating the ultimate dream room for children with special needs."
The StarLight Project is a nonprofit organization founded in 2011 by Craig, Cherie & Eden Sussman. The project is committed to enhancing the lives of children with special needs.
Since the home environment is a crucial piece of childhood development, we aim to create the ultimate learning, playing, and relaxing atmosphere inside the child's home. Based on the child's needs, this is accomplished by transforming their bedroom into a custom-made, dream haven.
The organization is dedicated to the loving memories of Jeffrey Sussman, Arnold Lederer & Pauline Lederer. The "S" in Star and the "L" in Light represent their last names. These three individuals had a profound impact on the world, and their passion for helping children is the driving force behind The StarLight Project. Their legacy will live in our hearts forever, and in each child's dream bedroom.
The mission of The StarLight Project is to encourage mental, physical and emotional development, creativity and lifelong learning for children with special needs through the design of custom-made, dream bedrooms.
Our dedicated team works closely with your family and therapist to transform your child's bedroom into a special place for them to learn, grow and shine.
We Will Provide:
- Learning and rehabilitation tools specialized for your child's needs
- Freshly painted walls
- Custom wall mural
- Custom bed frame based on your child's interests
- Matching bedding that will blend with the theme of the room
- Upgraded flooring
- Fantastic fan and light fixtures
- Decorative window treatments
- There is no cost to the families or children selected for The StarLight Project
- In addition to the application, a letter of recommendation from a therapist or teacher is required before the application is reviewed.
- To nominate a deserving child please contact our organization.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead