Our Soccer Program
Dear DSAJ Soccer Players, Parents, Coaches and Volunteers,
We have lots of exciting news for the Down Syndrome Association Jacksonville (DSAJ) soccer season which begins Saturday, October 20! (Click here for complete schedule)
NOTE CHANGE: Location:
- We will be using the Episcopal School of Jacksonville & Patton Park fields for our Soccer Season.
- October 20th–December 8th–Episcopal Sports Complex located at 6757 Atlantic Blvd. Click here for a map.
- December 15th–February 9th–Patton Park located at 2850 Hodges Blvd. Click here for map.
- Time of play will be from 9:00am-10:00am.
- The DSAJ will order all newly designed uniforms for the players this season. You will be asked for size information on the registration form.
- If you register after October 20th you WILL NOT have a new uniform for the season.
- New this year: Registration fee is $20.00 per player (scholarships available upon request). Click here to pay on-line via PayPal or mail check made payable to DSAJ to 1050 N. Davis Street, Jacksonville, FL 32209.
- Registration & Waiver forms are attached. Please bring signed waiver forms on first day.
- We encourage you to register on line. Click here to register on line.
We have four teams; players are matched with a team according to their ability, size and age:
- Shooting Stars
- Rising Stars
- Bright Stars
- Rock Stars
The primary purpose of this program is to provide an environment in which everyone participating can have fun, safe exercise, learn how to play as a team and make friends. This program is sponsored by the Down Syndrome Association Jacksonville via Buddy Walk funds and is open to any individual with a developmental disability. There is no age requirement or limitation; however, a parent or other person responsible for the player must be present during the game. We emphasize safety, team spirit and good sportsmanship conduct.
Rules & recommendations for the game:
- All balls stay on the ground when practicing and playing
- Soccer attire–DSAJ uniform, tennis shoes or soccer cleats and shin guards if preferred
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- A parent, guardian or person responsible for the player must be present during play
- Soccer rules are followed, but the spirit of the game is most important
- We stress fun competition and an atmosphere in which everybody wins
Each Friday throughout the season, you will receive an email to keep you informed of news related to the next day's game. Please be sure to check your e-mail every Friday!
I look forward to seeing you all Saturday, October 20 at 9:00am at Episcopal Sports Complex!
Elise A. Nowikowski, Team Coordinator
398-8274 (home), 631-9973 (cell)